We are hopeful that our hotel will be open in the summer 2021 season and welcoming visitors providing the usual, high quality service and the unrestricted use of our facilities. Being outdoor activities, walking in the mountains, cycling, open water swimming are proven to promote health during the pandemic, in its current, closing phase and well beyond. All our lives changed during the lockdowns and here we provide you the opportunity to recuperate by immersing in our small, shielded oasis of well-being away from the crowds.
Falkertsee, located in the Reichenau Feldkirchen district in Austria is considered one of the least affected area in the country in terms of the number of COVID-19 infections. This also applies in the whole region where you can safely enjoy the active options that will take your mind off your daily hassles and breathe in the fresh mountain air.
The 3G apply
We may accommodate guests who are Vaccinated, consistently Tested or Recovered.
To check in, you will need for adults and children 10 years and older
- a vaccination certificate (valid 22 days after the first vaccination)
- a valid negative test result (self-test with digital solution 24h, antigen test 48h, PCR test 72h)
- a confirmation of a history of covid disease (6 months)
Further tests (every 2 days) are mandatory during the holiday if not vaccinated (valid 22 days after first vaccination) or recovered.
- We suggest to bring a self-test (with digital solution) yourself.
Austrians get 10 pieces / month for free at the pharmacy
Carry out digital self-test https://selbsttest.ktn.gv.at
- OR test here in Patergassen – district Feldkirchen free test lane (Mon-Fri) or use free test lane in Bad Kleinkirchheim – district Spittal (Mon-Sun). Registration https://kaernten.oesterreich-testet.at/#/registration/start
ENTRY to Austria
When entering Austria, you will need proof of 3G for adults and children aged 11 and over (Vaccinated – 22nd day after first vaccination, Tested or Convalescent) and you will need to complete a travel registration online for all persons travelling with you: https://entry.ptc.gv.at
Keep your distance and wear an FFP2 mask (from 14 years) in public areas.
THERE IS NO RISK!
Even on the day of arrival, there is free cancellation due to COVID-19 (SARS-COV-2).
All COVID-19 (SARS-COV-2) related cancellations are protected and guests are entitled to a full refund in these cases.
A detailed descriptions of the terms of cancellation related to COVID-19 (SARS-COV-2).
All COVID-19 (SARS-COV-2) related cancellations are protected and guests are entitled to a full refund in these cases as detailed below.
Irrespective of the time of the cancellation, the conditions of the full refund of the booking are as follows:
– Cancellation within 14 days of arrival is accepted on condition of the provision of a positive COVID-19 test of all the members of the family travelling together.
– In case of the temporary suspension of the operation of the hotel by the authorities or the government.
Further conditions of a full refund for visitors from outside of Austria:
– In case of a government-imposed travel ban for tourists or the border being closed for anything other than essential travel, cancellation must be made in writing, within 10 days. The guest is then entitled to a full refund even if the cancellation is made on the day of arrival as stated above.
In case of failing to make the cancellation within 10 days of the travel ban being announced, the general cancellation terms according to the relevant Austrian Terms of Business for the Hospitality Sector are followed.
We strongly suggest taking out a cancellation insurance for the period of the planned holiday.
In the case of general cancellations, the relevant Austrian Terms of Business for the Hospitality Sector are followed.
Our family restaurant offers our guests specialities of the local karintian cuisine besides a range of popular international dishes
The Schneekönig Family Hotel is located in the heart of Karintia, in the vicinity of the breathtaking Lake Falkert, right in the middle of the the ski and child resort called Heidi Alm BergResort. We are at an altitude of 1860 metres and a mere 15 minutes’ drive from Bad Kleinkirchheim and Turracher Höhe.
Whether you prefer hiking, cycling, climbing, time outside with your children, or a holiday with your dog in the mountains, the Schneekönig Hotel located in the Heidi mountain region will provide the ideal destination for you. The combination of calm, nature and culinary treats we offer will allow you to switch off and relax in this exceptional environment.
Our hotel is directly on the Falkert See family skiing area which owing to its location between the altitudes of 1720 to 2300 metres provides perfect conditions for skiing until the end of April.In addition, ski enthusiasts will find fantastic skiing locations nearby including the Nockberge region with 50 skiing slopes in Bad Kleinkircheim or the Turracher Höhe.
From June until the golden autumn, the Nockberge National Park surrounded with crystal clear lakes provides an unparalleled opportunity for hiking and relaxation. You and your family will find hiking routes of all difficulty and length. Whether you explore the beauty of the national park on your own or choose a guided hike complete with a family picnic, you will certainly be.